Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: OT Bowtie eye candy

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member
    OT Bowtie eye candy


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: OT Bowtie eye candy

    I thought so. Remembered the 60's there were lots of Hillborns, they kinda faded....

    I think you are correct, I don't think the Hillborns were OEM on any production cars...but wouldn't be my first time wrong...
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member
    OT Bowtie eye candy


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: OT Bowtie eye candy

    Quote Originally Posted by VolvoHeretic View Post
    So here is my chance to bring it up; how feasible would it be to place a powerful speaker in an enclosure, connected to the intake manifold, wired to produce frequencies of 1/2 the rpm of the car engine, since the intake event occurs every other revolution of the crank?
    Active muffler using speaker, not the same but worth a read...

    Active Noise Cancellation, Diesel Exhaust, Sound Waves, Cancellation, ActiveSilence, Muffler, Noise, Loudspeaker, Eberspaecher | Active noise cancellation applied to diesel exhaust
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: OT Bowtie eye candy

    Quote Originally Posted by VolvoHeretic View Post
    ...how feasible would it be to place a powerful speaker in an enclosure, connected to the intake manifold, wired to produce frequencies of 1/2 the rpm of the car engine, since the intake event occurs every other revolution of the crank?....
    For it to have a positive performance effect, the driver would have to exceed the full-stroke piston displacement (bore X stroke). Then you'd need a responsive "check valve" like a 2-stroke reed assembly to facilitate pressurization. Positive pressure turbos can do that way better than any EM motor driver and still fit under the hood. A servo motor driver could do it, but probably not as efficiently for the size.

    Nothin' wrong with pipe dreams though!
    Last edited by bfish; August 11th, 2011 at 07:37 PM.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.